Skip to main content

50 Most Empowering Beyoncé Quotes


Global pop culture icon Beyoncé Giselle Knowles-Carter, more commonly known as Beyoncé, is an American singer, songwriter, record producer, dancer and actress. She was the lead-singer of the R&B girl-group Destiny's Child. Beyoncé's solo career began in 2006 following the break-up of Destiny's Child. The iconic pop star has solved more than 100 million records worldwide, and is one of the world's best-selling music artists. She is the most awarded artist at the MTV Video Music Awards with 24 awards, and is the most nominated woman in the history of the Grammy awards. She has won 22 Grammy awards in her illustrious musical career. She married rapper Jay-Z in 2008 and they share three children: Her net worth is currently estimated at US $355 million. She is the fifth-most followed woman on Instagram, and overall, the eighth most followed person.
See our Top 50 empowering Beyoncé quotes below:
1. “If everything was perfect, you would never learn and you would never grow.” - Beyoncé
2. “It’s easy to hear the voices of others and often very difficult to hear your own. Every person you meet is going to want something different from you. The question is: what do you want for yourself?” - Beyoncé
3. “When I’m not feeling my best I ask myself, ‘What are you gonna do about it?’ I use the negativity to fuel the transformation into a better me.” - Beyoncé
4. “We need to reshape our own perception of how we view ourselves. We have to step up as women and take the lead.” - Beyoncé
5. “Your self-worth is determined by you. You don’t have to depend on someone telling you who you are.” - Beyoncé
6. “I can never be safe; I always try and go against the grain. As soon as I accomplish one thing, I just set a higher goal. That’s how I’ve gotten to where I am.” - Beyoncé
7. “Take the time to define yourself and define your value. If you’re having a hard time doing that, ask    yourself: What is something I would say to someone I love?” - Beyoncé
8. “The most alluring thing a woman can have is confidence.” - Beyoncé
9. “My message behind this album was finding the beauty in imperfection.” - Beyoncé
10. “The reality is: sometimes you lose. And you’re never too good to lose. You’re never too big to lose. You’re never too smart to lose. It happens.” - Beyoncé
11. “We all have our purpose, we all have our strengths.” - Beyoncé
12. “Take all the rules away. How can we live if we don’t change?” - Beyoncé
13. “I truly believe that women should be financially independent from their men. And let’s face it, money gives men the power to run the show. It gives men the power to define value. They define what’s sexy. And men define what’s feminine. It’s ridiculous.” - Beyoncé
14. “We need to reshape our own perception of how we view ourselves. We have to step up as women and take the lead.” - Beyoncé
15. “Be healthy and take care of yourself, but be happy with the beautiful things that make you, you.” - Beyoncé
16. “Thank God I found the GOOD in goodbye.” - Beyoncé
17. “A true diva is graceful, and talented, and strong, and fearless and brave and someone with humility.” - Beyoncé
18. “Do what you were born to do. You have to trust yourself.” - Beyoncé
19. “We all have our imperfections. But I’m human, and you know, it’s important to concentrate on other qualities besides outer beauty.” - Beyoncé
20. “Your self-worth is determined by you. You don’t have to depend on someone telling you who you are.” - Beyoncé
21. “Power means happiness; power means hard work and sacrifice.” - Beyoncé
22. “Your self-worth is determined by you. You don’t have to depend on someone telling you who you are.” - Beyoncé
22. “Everyone’s not good at everything, it’s OK to depend on someone.” - Beyoncé
23. “I felt like it was time to set up my future, so I set a goal. My goal was independence.” - Beyoncé
24. “We have to teach our boys the rules of equality and respect, so that as they grow up gender equality becomes a natural way of life. And we have to teach our girls that they can reach as high as humanly possible.” - Beyoncé
25. “I always try to be myself. Ever since I was an introverted kid, I’d get on stage and be able to break out of my shell.” - Beyoncé
26. “The best thing is looking back and realizing how incredible life is. If you don’t take the time to think about or analyze your life you’ll never realize all the dots that are all connected.” - Beyoncé
27. “It is so liberating to really know what I want, what truly makes me happy, what I will not tolerate. I have learned that it is no one else’s job to take care of me but me.” - Beyoncé
28. “When I’m not feeling my best I ask myself, ‘What are you gonna do about it?’ I use the negativity to fuel the transformation into a better me.” - Beyoncé
29. “I embrace mistakes. They make you who you are.” - Beyoncé
30. “I’m over being a pop star. I don’t wanna be a hot girl. I wanna be iconic. And I feel like I’ve accomplished a lot. I feel like I’m highly respected, which is more important than any award or any amount of records. And I feel like there comes a point when being a pop star is not enough.” - Beyoncé
31. “When you love and accept yourself, when you know who really cares about you, and when you learn from your mistakes, then you stop caring about what people who don’t know you think.” - Beyoncé
32. “I’m a workaholic and I don’t believe in ‘No’. If I’m not sleeping, nobody’s sleeping.” - Beyoncé
33. “Thank God I found the good in goodbye!” - Beyoncé
34. “I remember being in Japan when Destiny’s Child put out ‘Independent Women,’ and women there were saying how proud they were to have their own jobs, their own independent thinking, their own goals. It made me feel so good, and I realized that one of my responsibilities was to inspire women in a deeper way.” - Beyoncé
35. “Don’t try to lessen yourself for the world; let the world catch up to you.” - Beyoncé
36. “I know I’m stronger in the songs than I really am. Sometimes I need to hear it myself. We all need to hear those empowering songs to remind us.” - Beyoncé
37. “Any other woman who has to go to work and pick up the kids and make dinner – that’s way harder than what I have to do.” - Beyoncé
38. “My biggest thing is to teach not to focus on the aesthetic. It’s really about who you are, and the human being, that makes you beautiful.” - Beyoncé
39. “When you love and accept yourself, when you know who really cares about you, and when you learn from your mistakes, then you stop caring about what people who don’t know you think.” - Beyoncé
40. “I don’t have to prove anything to anyone, I only have to follow my heart and concentrate on what I want to say to the world. I run my world.” - Beyoncé
41. “Women have to take the time to focus on our mental health — take time for self, for the spiritual, without feeling guilty or selfish.” - Beyoncé
42. “I guess I am a modern-day feminist. I do believe in equality. Why do you have to choose what type of woman you are? Why do you have to label yourself anything?” - Beyoncé
43. “I don’t like to gamble, but if there’s one thing I’m willing to bet on, it’s myself.” - Beyoncé
44. “Humanity requires both men and women and we are equally important and need one another.” - Beyoncé
45. “It is so liberating to really know what I want, what truly makes me happy, what I will not tolerate. I have learned that it is no one else’s job to take care of me but me.” - Beyoncé
46. “Power is not given to you. You have to take it.” - Beyoncé
47. “I think it’s healthy for a person to be nervous. It means you care – that you work hard and want to give a great performance. You just have to channel that nervous energy into the show.” - Beyoncé
48. “I don’t feel like I have to please anyone. I feel free. I feel like I’m an adult. I’m grown. I can do what I want. I can say what I want. I can retire if I want. That’s why I’ve worked hard.” - Beyoncé
49. “I love my job, but it’s more than that: I need it.” - Beyoncé
50. “I wanted to sell a million records, and I sold a million records. I wanted to go platinum; I went platinum. I’ve been working nonstop since I was 15. I don’t even know how to chill out.” - Beyoncé

Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Princess Qajar - The Revolutionary Persian Princess

Zahra Khanom Tadj es-Saltaneh commonly referred to as Princess Qajar was a princess and memoirist of the Qajar Dynasty. Princess Tadj was one of the best known daughters of the Persian king, Naser al-Din Shah Qajar who ruled Persia from 1848 to May 1896. The Persian princess was born on February 4, 1883 and died on January 25, 1936, in Tehran, at the age of 52. Princess Qajar revolutionized beauty standards with her full look and ragged unibrow, and her unmistakably evident mustache. She was a true epitome of beauty at her time. Princess Qajar was declared a symbol of beauty in Persia and was coveted by many men. Thousands of men wanted to marry her, 13 of whom committed suicide upon being rejected by the princess. Princess Qajar eventually married Amir Hussein Khan Shoja'-al Saltaneh and had they had four children - two boys and two girls. They later got divorced in 1907 after enduring an unloving arranged marriage - she married Khan when she was 13. The princess argued f

The Lehman Brothers Scandal (2008)

Company Background : Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc. was a firm specialized in the provision of global financial services. It was founded in Montgomery, Alabama, in the United States of America. The company had headquarters in New York City, New York, in the U.S. It ceased operations in 2008. The founders were: Henry Lehman, Emmanuel Lehman and Mayer Lehman. What Happened? Lehman Brothers hid over $50 billion in loans disguised as sales. They allegedly sold toxic assets [1] to Cayman Island Banks with the understanding that they would eventually be rebought. How they were caught : Their bankruptcy led to the discovery of the fraud. They filed for bankruptcy in 2008, which is the largest bankruptcy ever recorded. Their case was larger than that of Enron, Washington Mutual, WorldCom and GM combined.  On September 15, 2008, Lehman brothers filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection  (Montgomery, n.d.) . Their bankruptcy filing came in as a blow to the financial industry as i

The finger-cutting tradition of Indonesia's Dani tribe

The death of a loved one is always an extremely painful thing to bear, and people of different cultures grieve in diverse ways, some more unique than others. A typically unique way of grieving is that of the Dani (an Indonesian tribe). Finger-cutting is a fundamental part of grieving for women of the Dani tribe, and pertains to their women only. According to The Globe and Mail, an estimated 250,000 Dani tribe members live in a town named Wamena, in the extremely remote central highland area of Papua Province. Wamena is only accessible by plane.  Upon the death of a loved one, the top joint of one of a woman's fingers would be amputated, and smear ashes and clay across their faces. Prior to amputation, a string would be firmly tied to the upper half of the woman's finger for 30 minutes, to cause numbness. This was to reduce the pain from amputating the tip. In most cases, the responsibility of cutting off the top joint of the finger is assigned to one of the woman's