Skip to main content

51 Most Inspiring Madonna Quotes


Madonna, the 60-year-old 'Queen of Pop', known for her singing prowess and sense of fashion is undeniably an icon of our times. The very outspoken pop icon whose career spans four decades is the best-selling female artist of all time. Madonna has sold more than 70 million albums internationally, and achieved 21 top hits in the United States. She has sold 300 million records globally, and is the biggest-selling tourist artist in the world. One of Madonna's renowned qualities is saying things as they truly are. Be sure to go through the list below which is comprised of the truth-teller's most inspiring quotes.
·     “I hate polite conversation. I hate it when people stand around and go, 'Hi, how are you?' I hate words that don't have any reason or meaning. Also I hate it when people smoke in elevators and closed in places. It's just so rude.” – Madonna
·  “To be brave is to love someone unconditionally, without expecting anything in return. To just give. That takes courage, because we don’t want to fall on our faces or leave ourselves open to hurt.” – Madonna
·        I always say what I think, and I'll never change my habit. – Madonna
·        “I’ve never really lived a conventional life, so I think it’s quite foolish for me or anyone else to start thinking that I am going to start making conventional choices.” – Madonna
·        “A lot of people are afraid to say what they want. That’s why they don’t get what they want.” – Madonna
·   “Better to live one year as a tiger, than a hundred as a sheep.” – Madonna
·        “Ever since my daughter was born I feel the fleetingness of time. And I don’t want to waste it on getting the perfect lip color.” – Madonna
·        “Deep in my heart I’m concealing things that I’m longing to say. Scared to confess what I’m feeling – frightened you’ll slip away.” – Madonna
·        “I want to be like Gandhi and Martin Luther King and John Lennon but I want to Stay Alive.” – Madonna
·        “Don't go for second-best, put your love to the test.” – Madonna
·      “I am because we are. We all bleed the same color. We all want to love and be loved.” – Madonna
·     “I love horses. I think I may have been one of Henry VIII’s knights in another life, riding through a great forest.” – Madonna 
·    “To me, the whole process of being a brush stroke in someone else’s painting is a little difficult” – Madonna
·        “Children always understand. They have open minds. They have built-in shit detectors.” – Madonna
·        “I’m not a feminist, I’m a humanist.” – Madonna
·        “If I was a girl again, I would like to be like my fans, I would like to be like Madonna.” – Madonna
·        “Listen, everyone is entitled to my opinion.” – Madonna
·        “I am my own experiment. I am my own work of art.” – Madonna
·        “My priority is my family, absolutely, 100 percent.” – Madonna
·        “I laugh at myself. I don’t take myself completely seriously. I think that’s another quality that people have to hold on to… you have to laugh, especially at yourself.” – Madonna
·        “I think the ultimate challenge is to have some kind of style and grace, even though you haven’t got money, or standing in society, or formal education. I had a very middle, lower-middle class sort of upbringing, but I identify with people who’ve had, at some point in their lives to struggle to survive. It adds another color to your character.” – Madonna
·      “I wouldn’t have turned out the way I was if I didn’t have all those old-fashioned values to rebel against.” – Madonna
·     “I'm encouraging other people, whether they're professionals or not, to use their creativity to express themselves, to get a conversation going, to get the party started, really.”  Madonna
·        “I always wished that I could find someone as beautiful as you, but in the process I forgot that I was special too.” – Madonna
·  “There are moments when I can’t believe I’m as old as I am. But I feel better physically than I did 10 years ago. I don’t think, Oh God, I’m missing something.” – Madonna
·  “Poor is the man whose pleasures depend on the permission of another.” – Madonna
·     “My father was very strong. I don’t agree with a lot of the ways he brought me up. I don’t agree with a lot of his values, but he did have a lot of integrity, and if he told us not to do something, he didn’t do it either.” – Madonna
·        “I always thought I should be treated like a star.” – Madonna
·       “Sometimes I look back at myself and remember things I used to say, or my hairstyle, and I cringe.” – Madonna
·    “I must have been Japanese in a previous life. I’m pretty sure I was a warrioress. I can’t explain it, I just know. I’m good at fighting – fighting with a big sword.” – Madonna
·        “I’m not interested in being Wonder Woman in the delivery room. Give me drugs.” – Madonna
·        I have a personal link with God, and I will tell him everything in my own bedroom.” – Madonna
·        “Everyone probably thinks that I’m a raving nymphomaniac, that I have an insatiable sexual appetite, when the truth is I’d rather read a book.” – Madonna
·  “I think you can be defiant and rebellious and still be strong and positive.” – Madonna
·        “Never forget to dream.” – Madonna
·        “The last thing I want is to raise a brat. We could definitely go down the wrong road. I don’t want Lola to have everything she wants. I want her to appreciate things, and not to be presumptuous. I want her to have manners and social graces.” – Madonna
·        “I’ve been popular and unpopular successful and unsuccessful loved and loathed and I know how meaningless it all is. Therefore I feel free to take whatever risks I want.” – Madonna
·        “I’m not going to compromise my artistic integrity.” – Madonna
·        “When I’m hungry, I eat. When I’m thirsty, I drink. When I feel like saying something, I say it.” – Madonna  
·        “I’d like to think I am taking people on a journey; I am not just entertaining people, but giving them something to think about when they leave.” – Madonna
·        “I went to New York. I had a dream. I wanted to be a big star. I didn’t know anybody. I wanted to dance. I wanted to sing. I wanted to do all those things. I wanted to make people happy. I wanted to be famous. I wanted everybody to love me. I wanted to be a star. I worked really hard and my dream came true.” – Madonna
·      “I sometimes think I was born to live up to my name. How could I be anything else but what I am having been named Madonna? I would either have ended up a nun or this.” – Madonna
·        “There’s no such thing as the perfect soul mate. If you meet someone and you think they’re perfect, you better run as fast as you can in the other direction. ‘Cos your soulmate is the person that pushes all your buttons, pisses you off on a regular basis, and makes you face your s***.” – Madonna
·        “I have the same goal I’ve had ever since I was a girl. I want to rule the world.” – Madonna
·        “Power is being told you’re not loved and not being destroyed by it.” – Madonna
·        “The worst thing about being famous? I think it’s what everybody says…the lack of privacy and the idea that you’re not really allowed to make mistakes and everything that you do is viewed under a microscope.” – Madonna
·        “I’m tough, I’m ambitious, and I know exactly what I want. If that makes me a bitch, okay.” – Madonna
·        “I feel just as hungry today as I did the day I left home.” – Madonna
·        “My having a child is not for public consumption. It’s not a career move. It’s not a performance to be judged or rated. Nor is my role as a mother.” – Madonna
·    “People think they will wake up one day and I’ll be gone. But I’m never going away.” – Madonna
·  “I think my biggest flaw is my insecurity. I’m terribly insecure. I’m plagued with insecurities 24/7.” – Madonna


Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Princess Qajar - The Revolutionary Persian Princess

Zahra Khanom Tadj es-Saltaneh commonly referred to as Princess Qajar was a princess and memoirist of the Qajar Dynasty. Princess Tadj was one of the best known daughters of the Persian king, Naser al-Din Shah Qajar who ruled Persia from 1848 to May 1896. The Persian princess was born on February 4, 1883 and died on January 25, 1936, in Tehran, at the age of 52. Princess Qajar revolutionized beauty standards with her full look and ragged unibrow, and her unmistakably evident mustache. She was a true epitome of beauty at her time. Princess Qajar was declared a symbol of beauty in Persia and was coveted by many men. Thousands of men wanted to marry her, 13 of whom committed suicide upon being rejected by the princess. Princess Qajar eventually married Amir Hussein Khan Shoja'-al Saltaneh and had they had four children - two boys and two girls. They later got divorced in 1907 after enduring an unloving arranged marriage - she married Khan when she was 13. The princess argued f

The Lehman Brothers Scandal (2008)

Company Background : Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc. was a firm specialized in the provision of global financial services. It was founded in Montgomery, Alabama, in the United States of America. The company had headquarters in New York City, New York, in the U.S. It ceased operations in 2008. The founders were: Henry Lehman, Emmanuel Lehman and Mayer Lehman. What Happened? Lehman Brothers hid over $50 billion in loans disguised as sales. They allegedly sold toxic assets [1] to Cayman Island Banks with the understanding that they would eventually be rebought. How they were caught : Their bankruptcy led to the discovery of the fraud. They filed for bankruptcy in 2008, which is the largest bankruptcy ever recorded. Their case was larger than that of Enron, Washington Mutual, WorldCom and GM combined.  On September 15, 2008, Lehman brothers filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection  (Montgomery, n.d.) . Their bankruptcy filing came in as a blow to the financial industry as i

The finger-cutting tradition of Indonesia's Dani tribe

The death of a loved one is always an extremely painful thing to bear, and people of different cultures grieve in diverse ways, some more unique than others. A typically unique way of grieving is that of the Dani (an Indonesian tribe). Finger-cutting is a fundamental part of grieving for women of the Dani tribe, and pertains to their women only. According to The Globe and Mail, an estimated 250,000 Dani tribe members live in a town named Wamena, in the extremely remote central highland area of Papua Province. Wamena is only accessible by plane.  Upon the death of a loved one, the top joint of one of a woman's fingers would be amputated, and smear ashes and clay across their faces. Prior to amputation, a string would be firmly tied to the upper half of the woman's finger for 30 minutes, to cause numbness. This was to reduce the pain from amputating the tip. In most cases, the responsibility of cutting off the top joint of the finger is assigned to one of the woman's